Tuesday, August 03, 2010

my other life


Initially, perhaps I wouldn't be the one who 360-ed a blog from looking outwards and onwards to one that focused,
obsessively,
on a baby.

Silly.
Of course I couldn't, wouldn't and, to my mind, shouldn't have resisted.
And, lo, I did not.
And since roughly June 23 2009, fromacafe has become, for all intents,
life-from-Wyeth's-crib-side,
or welcome to the small small world that orbits my baby Wyeth.

Who knows if I've lost readers as a result.
Or gained?

But with our boy now being one and forging his own wobbly path in the world, I'm going to try my hand at occasional grown-up things here.
Like showing some of my recent photos of the maine house,
talking about houses in Brooklyn loved + lost,
mentioning a blogging-on-design job I applied for (cross fingers),
finally market the silver shell necklaces I've created but never sold,
re-introducing the semi-languishing Circa Trade...

Which is not to say there won't still be TONS of Wyeth here. Blogger-bias after all.

So, with that little piece of house-cleaning - on + off we go.

love to all
c

2 comments:

Tara Thayer said...

dear courtney,
i think i should finally introduce myself.
my name is tara thayer, and i've been reading your blog for quite a long time...a couple of years, i guess.
you are a wonderful writer, and my husband and daughters and i have been in circa a few times on day trips up to hudson.
i was thrilled for you when wyeth was born, and he is completely adorable.
ok,
i don't at all want to creep you out, but after this post i realized i'm out here reading and you have no idea.
i blog also, and frankly, that part - those anonymous lurkers- bugs me a bit.;)
you can find me, if you care to, at publicbookstore.blogspot.com

best wishes to you and yours.
tara thayer

ctp said...

Tara I am honored, and touched. Your blog, and life, and gorgeous family - to know that I'm linked to it all is very wonderful.
best wishes back
gratefully
c