Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Of keys

The bare-bones of it:

As of 10/1 I will be renting a small apartment (tiny-studio-small walk-up) on Horatio Street - cusp of meat packing and west village.

As of 10/19 I will be renting out my house to a really nice man whose name is Doug and who seems as good a care-taker as my house could ask.

As of soon I hope, I'll be staying in Hudson town in a space I haven't yet found but can imagine is bright and within walking distance of places I might get a coffee, or maybe a glass of wine. I hope this space will have a place for a bird feeder, I expect it will have fewer windowsills for bugs to gather and expire at.

As of now, my purse contains keys to 4 new York City apartments - none to the one I'm subletting though, all belonging to hospitable friends with more spare medecos than the average city key-holder.

With that setting-out, I will start the filling-in very soon.

c - in-motion

1 comment:

Marie-Helene Carleton said...

Here's to the move, and to the new set of keys jangling in the pocket. All the new doors it will open.

A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery